Neue Antwort erstellen Seite 2 von 2
Gehe zu Seite Zurück  1, 2
chatroom pests
Autor Nachricht
Antworten mit Zitat
Beitrag Moderators 
We have been trying to implement moderators in the chat room for quite a while now. For some reason the feature does not work on yuvutu and we are trying to coax userplane to help us. I am sure it will eventually be cracked.

Antworten mit Zitat
Beitrag  
moderators are the best thing for the chat rooms
if some one is rude, a moderator can take him/her out
today, in the english chat room, there where like 20-30 ppl, chating in spanish - what can u do about that ?
nada
maybe write espaniol, instead of spanish :D

Antworten mit Zitat
Beitrag what to do about jackassess in the chatrooms 
real simple: hit 'em where it hurts!

How? Well, lets examine who is causing the problem -->

99% of the problems are from guys with no class who --surprise, surprise!!-- cant get a woman, either online or in real life. It's a lot like when wifey and I go dancing: there's always a bunch of guys trying to stand on the dancefloor with beers in their hands and do NOTHING except get in the way. And try to make nasty comments. And try to dance with women who want not a damn thing to do with them. Or with women ALREADY dancing with a guy. (WTF!!!??!@##@!??)

So what do I do? Simple: I make body contact. They're trying to rub up on my woman, so we do a 180, and presto! they're rubbing up against me. You should see them jump! Its like they're on fire! And I swear, we've both laughed so hard, we've practically peed ourselves!

So here's how it could happen in the chatroom: say someone starts acting like a jerk. First, we all block that person. Then, we make a copy of their handle inside the < and >. Kind of like this:

<obnoxiousass157>

Then, we all plaster them with pickup lines, like "are you bi?" "are you gay?" etc etc etc. The only person who can see this will be the jackass who is bringing on his own doom. Since its all done copy and paste, there's no way they can keep up.

In the future, I plan on chatting with a Notepad file open. If we want to teach these jerks a lesson, I suggest we all do the same.

P

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden
Antworten mit Zitat
Beitrag Group 'Out' function 
Maybe add a button to chat room where say five hits and the person is out of the room for 12 hours ??? don't know if this is overly complicated, I do think that KimmyJane's idea of moderator is a good one, I'd have Kimmy moderate me anytime :)

Antworten mit Zitat
Beitrag  
If we cannot get moderators built into the chatrooms, then can we at least have an administrator available during peak hours so that issues can be reported and resolved in a more timely manner?

Antworten mit Zitat
Beitrag  
kyxtina, we don't have the resources for that, but we are looking for a solution.

Antworten mit Zitat
Beitrag  
I know resources are scarce, especially as new as yuvutu is. There are people here willing to volunteer for that, however, you may want to consider tapping that resource for those who are willing to take on the appropriate training and act in appropriate manner (for example, not abusing their positions and kicking out people for shits and giggles).

Thank you, also, for stopping into the chat rooms earlier this morning. I heard that a lot of people took the opportunity to provide you with feedback. Much appreciated. :-)

Antworten mit Zitat
Beitrag  
Kyxtian, what you suggest is exactly what we want to do, and we have put a lot of effort into trying to implement it, but so far our efforts have failed. Userplane are not helping us solve the problem, so we are looking for another solution.

Antworten mit Zitat
Beitrag RE Pests 
Thanks admin for continuing to looking into the problem, had alot of trouble in the S/e room last night so much so that most of the room was in red!! I volunteer for moderating once u have it sorted!!! noth xx

Antworten mit Zitat
Beitrag  
Hey admin, thanks for all yer hard work here lately and takin the time to stop in the other night. the rooms have seemed to have gotten alot better when there is only a few users but once it starts to fill up and there have been 3 and 4 lobbys and 3 straight englishes has been the only time its been a real pain in the tookus...Dunno how that whole moderator thing is coming out yet but just wanted to volunteer my services in case you should need one in the mornings or wee hours of the night considering im here almost every waking moment lol....were gonna need a addiction support group pretty soon...Keep up the good fight my botheren lol

Antworten mit Zitat
Beitrag  
Most of us have been using our block feature a lot more often lately. But that's what it's there for, so it does serve its purpose. We have been getting more abusive and very disruptive chatters lately.

Thanks admin for hearing us out. And just like Xtian said, there are those of us that would be more than happy to volunteer our time to mod when and if the opportunity arises.

Neue Antwort erstellen Seite 2 von 2
Gehe zu Seite Zurück  1, 2
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.